Thrissur: The Southern Railway has rescheduled various train services in the Thiruvananthapuram division to facilitate track maintenance works.
- Ernakulam-Guruvayur Passenger (T No 06438) and Guruvayur-Thrissur Passenger (T No 06445) on October 17 are cancelled.
- Chennai Egmore-Guruvayur Express (T No 16127) will be short-terminated at Ernakulam from October 15 to 20, October 22 to 27, and October 29 and 30. However, normal services will be conducted on October 21 and 28.
- Ernakulam-Kannur Express (T No 16305) will be partially cancelled between the Thrissur and Ernakulam stations on October 17. On the day, the Express train, which usually starts from Ernakulam at 6 am) will commence its journey from Thrissur at 7.16 am.
- Alappuzha-Dhanbad Express (T No 13352) will depart from Alappuzha on October 17 one hour behind the schedule, at 7 am.
- Kochuveli-Lokmanya Tilak Superfast Express (T no 22114) will depart from Kochuveli on October 16, 19, 23, 26, and 30 one hour and 15 minutes late, at 2.10 am.
Trains running late
The trains Chennai Egmore-Guruvayur Express (T No 16127) and Mangaluru-Thiruvananthapuram Express (T No 16348) will run late by 30 minutes and 40 minutes respectively on October October 15 and 17 to facilitate the Road Over Bridge construction works in Karunagappally-Sasthamkotta section.
The following trains operating in the Palakkad division will also be rescheduled during the period, October 17 to 30, to facilitate track maintenance works:
- Chennai Dr MGR Central-Mangaluru Central West Coast Express (T No 22637) on October 17, 18, 19, 20 and 26. It will run late by 40 minutes.
- Mangaluru Central-Chennai Dr MGR Central Express (T No 22638) will run late by 40 minutes on October 17, 18, 19, 20, and 27.
- Ernakulam- Hazrat Nizamuddin Duranto Express (T No 12283) will operate the service 40 minutes behind the schedule on October 17.
- Alappuzha-Kannur Express (T no 16307) will run late by two hours on October 23 and 30.
- Secunderabad – Thiruvananthapuram Central Sabari Express (T No 17230) will run late by 30 minutes on October 27.
- Chennai Dr MGR Central-Mangaluru Central Superfast (T No 12685) will run 25 minutes behind the usual schedule on October 18, 19, 20, and 26.
- Thrissur-Kannur Express (T No 16609) will run late by 30 minutes on October 21.
- Kannur-Coimbatore Express (T No 16607) will run late by 15 minutes on October 27.
- Kannur-Yaswantpur Express (T No 16528) will run one hour and 10 minutes behind schedule on October 26 and 30.
Additional coach for Janshatabdi Express
Meanwhile, the railway has allotted additional coaches for the Thiruvananthapuram-Kozhikode Janshatabdi Express via Alappuzha (T No 12076) and the Kozhikode-Thiruvananthapuram Janshatabdi Express (T No 12075) till October 16.