There are hundreds of chicken recipes that taste spectacular and are easier to cook. However, most people love grilled or fried chicken as they are loaded with flavour.
Dishes like alfaham, chicken broast and chicken 65 are some of the commonly ordered food items at restaurants. Meanwhile, the classic tandoori chicken, with its juicy flesh and delicious smoky flavour, can surely satisfy your taste buds. However, it may not be healthy to regularly eat this dish outside. It is incredibly easy to prepare restaurant-style tandoori chicken at home. Keep these five steps in mind while cooking tandoori chicken at home in order to make it perfect.
- Score the chicken pieces before marinating them with the masala paste. However, most people forget to score the chicken deep and the marinade wouldn’t be nicely absorbed into the meat.
- Make sure that the chicken pieces are fully covered in the masala marinade. The dish would taste amazing if the chicken is marinated overnight. The chicken becomes tender and tasty if you marinate them for a longer time.
- Add some mustard oil while marinating the chicken to increase the flavour of the dish to a certain extent. This grants a restaurant-style flavour to the tandoori chicken.
- Tandoori chicken is traditionally cooked in a unique tandoor oven. However, a regular oven is a great option as it is not easy to build a tandoor oven at home. Choose the grilling option to cook the chicken perfectly. You could even place a piece of coal in the oven in order to grant its iconic smoky flavour.
- Before packing cooked tandoori chicken, rub some butter or ghee on it. It not only enhances the taste but keeps the chicken nice and juicy too.