Those who love cooking aim for perfection in taste and presentation as they want to impress everyone with their cooking skills. They often try tips and tricks that help them make their dishes amazing. Here are some tips that could make cooking easier and enjoyable.
1) Adding some fenugreek powder while preparing the tempering for fish curry would enhance the flavor and aroma.
2) Add sugar while cooking green peas to retain its vibrant color.
3) Marinate the chicken with yoghurt and masala powders and keep aside for at least an hour to tenderize the chicken.
4) Add some salt while boiling potatoes to easily remove the skin.
5) Soak the paneer pieces in some warm water mixed with salt before cooking to make them softer.
6) Chopping or slicing ginger, garlic, green chilies, tomatoes and onions in advance before preparing Kerala dishes would make cooking easier.
7) Add a teaspoon of oil while cooking dal so that it wouldn’t foam up.
8) Using thick bottomed vessels to cook upma and payasam would prevent the dish from sticking onto the bottom.
9) Running cooked pasta or noodles under normal water immediately after straining would stop the cooking process.
10) Wash and wipe the vegetables and then wrap them in paper cloth to keep veggies fresh.